The following collections of materials are available for checkout at the Ruth Enlow Library:
Books: Adult, Young Adult, and Children's
Magazines: Adult, Young Adult, and Children's
Videocassettes and DVDs: Adult and Children's
Books on Cassette and CD: Adult and Children's
Music on Cassette and CD
The Oakland Library has the following equipment that can be checked out:
An equipment loan form must be filled out and signed before a patron may borrow any equipment. The items may be borrowed for up to one week at a time.
Meeting Rooms are located in the Oakland and Grantsville Libraries:
- The meeting room is open to nonprofit organizations engaged in educational, cultural, intellectual, and charitable activities.
- Groups must schedule the use of the room by contacting the library staff.
- All meetings in the library meeting room must be free of charge and open to the public.
- No selling or commercial activities are allowed.
- The number of people allowed to use the meeting room cannot exceed 49.
- No smoking or alcohol use is permitted in the meeting room.
- Meeting room users are required to leave the room in a neat and orderly condition.
- Groups and organizations may not use the library mailing address as their official address.
- Users must hold the library harmless from injuries or accidents arising from the use of the facility.
- Groups are permitted to reserve the room on a continuing basis (i.e. every Friday morning or the second Tuesday of every month). The room can be booked for continuing programs for three months at a time. The group can then book the room for another three months, if available. The second and subsequent bookings can be made one week prior to the end of the current booking period.
- Library sponsored programs have priority in the scheduling and use of the meeting room.
- Use of the room is limited to normal library operating hours.
- The library does not advocate or endorse the viewpoints of meeting room users.
- A person's right to use the meeting room shall not be denied or abridged because of origin, background, or view.
- Children under the age of 18 may use the meeting room as long as a responsible person over the age of 21 is present during the use of the room.
- Pre-approval is required for the use of electronic equipment in the meeting room.
SAILOR® Cruise Accounts
Maryland Public Library patrons now have access to free, dial-up internet accounts. You must be at least 18 years of age, and have a valid and unexpired library card issued by the public library where you are submitting your request. You will need to have a PC running Windows 95/98/ NT/Me/2000 or XP, a modem and a phone line. To find out more, visit any Maryland public library. The necessary Request/Renewal forms for a Sailor account are available at this link. Print the form and bring it, along with a valid library card, to any branch of the library.